To answer your first question, sometimes as a cat ages they readjust their food
intake. She was a kitten, now a year so she is almost at the tail end (pardon
the pun) of her growth spurt to adulthood. She is more sure of having a steady
supply of food so no need to gulp. However, if she begins to lose weight, you
need to take her for an exam.

Second question. I have left food out for a feral colony and watched their
behavior, thinking they would beam in on the food in a nanosecond. Nope. They
hunted around like three blind mice with noses to the ground and finally found
the bowl filled to the brim with food. OK. With my house cats, they nose around
like little vacuum cleaners and miss the spilled kibbles but slurp up a nice
dust bunny and then gasp and cough and spit. None of them have FeLv.. Maybe a
brain cell or two got it's wires crossed. Anyway, just keep up with the weight
observation. Hugs and purrs.