We spent a lot of time (and almost $500) at the vet today.  The great news
is Lucky's blood work looks real good, as do his x-rays (he does have some
arthritis in his back).  He has no apparent blockages (tumors) in his
urinary tract.  They did not see any crystals.  The vet did say his bladder
is very small and looks very inflamed.  So they gave him a shot of an
anti-inflammatory/anti-pain med (a good thing, he calmed down a lot, which
is good to see), gave him anti-biotic (suspected u.t.i.), anti-inflammatory
and an ocular anti-biotic/steroid for his runny (herpes) eye.   Poor little
dude, he sure went through a lot today!  Now he's home, getting
re-acquainted with the other cats and chilling.  Looks like I've got a FLUTD
feline here.  They gave me a prescription for another type of special food
(Royal Canine) which I'll try (he hates the CD).  Fingers crossed.

Thank you all for your words of advice, help, suggestions and
encouragements.  Lucky thanks you too!

Bonnie