Bonnie, Thanks for the update.  Cats like Royal Canin SO much better
than Hills CD, but get him on all canned food as soon as you can.
Wellness is known for causing urinary problems.  My Polar Bear, who
is my FLUTD cat, eats canned Fancy Feast and Friskies.  Not the best
canned food, but at least he eats it.  He was a dry food junkie, and
I had a very hard time getting him on canned only.  I now add a lot
extra water to it, and sprinkle just a few dry kibbles on top, and
he eats it.  All this I learned in the FLUTD group.

BTW - Wow what a vet bills!!  But our cats are worth every
penny of it.

Lorrie