Jennifer,
My Pookie was diagnosed when he was 2 years old, and the virus showed up after I had him neutered. I took him to a vet who told me his blood count was 4.5, that it was in his bone marrow, and he would not live out the week. Unable to stand, I brought him home and nourished him the best I could. The vet gave me a huge bottle of amoxicillan and basically said good luck. I fed him broth through a syringe. Pushed vitamins (Petinic), water, DMG, etc. He recovered. My miracle boy. He is still with me at age 6 1/2. Praise God! Don't give up. I have had great results with a holistic vet and accupuncture this summer. He had a fare up. I don't know how it works but it does. I also give him Wei Qi (way chee) a herb that helps his immune system. Better than DMG which is for humans. I found he wasn't eating becasue he had a sore in his mouth. Sometimes the vets won't check for a sore in the mouth. They won't eat or drink if it hurts. ClinDrops (clindamycin) worked for that. I will be praying for you. Carolyn