I’m very sorry to hear about Bunny. You did all you could for her.

Adult cats are more resilient against infection than kittens, but we don’t
really know just how much (a little or a lot). Since it doesn’t sound like the
cats were constantly biting and fighting, I think it’s less likely that they’ll
test positive. We had FeLV in our house for almost two years, and only one of
the four cats became persistently infected.

I really don’t know what could have happened with the positive to negative to
positive results. No one could, unless Bunny had been in a lab under constant
scrutiny. There are latent/regressive infections that the AAFP officially
thinks (in its paper on feline retroviruses) are unlikely to lead to illness or
later progressive/persistent infection. Perhaps while they are unlikely to lead
to progressive/persistent infection, this isn’t completely impossible.

It seems *extremely* unlikely that the virus could have gotten to the kitten in
sufficient quantities to cause her to be infected, so I don’t think I would
worry about that. I mean, I know I would personally worry, just because I do,
but I don’t think you have a reason to, other than the obvious concern you have
for her.

Take care, and best wishes for negative results for Samson and Delilah.