Thank you all for the replies!  After doing lots and lots of reading I
decided to try Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Respiratory Relief and, so far, I
am really pleased with it.  Even when I dumped the bag in the litter pan (I
used a large cement mixing pan and it's great!) there was NO dust.  Just
now he was in there digging like a fiend and there was no dust then either.
 It's expensive but he's worth it : )  I am also thinking about a
CatGenie<http://www.catgenie.com>.
 It would be an expensive experiment though if he wouldn't use it.

When we went to the vet we had a very new veterinarian see us that day.  I
was concerned that he didn't want to do any testing.  I expected they would
at least suggest an x-ray or something.  This vet's office has a great
reputation in our area but that's mostly because of the original vet, who
doesn't see as many patients these days.  Darwin is doing quite a bit
better now but I may make an appointment with this vet specifically if I
don't see more improvement soon.  I have been giving him Homeopet Nose
Relief as well.  I don't know if it's what is helping him or not but I
figure it can't hurt.  Except that he hates it.  I can't smell it or taste
it but apparently he can!

Thanks again for all the help.  I've been lurking here for a while, hoping
I wouldn't need any advice, but it was so nice to know I had you all to
come to if I did.

Tina