Hi Maya,
My Sophia was just diagnosed with FeLV last week.  I have 7 other cats who have
been living with Sophia since I saved her hours from being eu'd.  She was 8
weeks old when I got her and now she is 16+ weeks old.  My cats age from one to
nine years old.  My one year old Jacob has loved, played, and groomed Sophia
from her mouth to the other end.  Everyone is fixed and has had their
vaccinations.  My cats are 100% indoors and everyone gets along good.  I plan
to have Jacob tested since he has so much close contact and hopefully he will
be FeLV- then everyone will get a booster just for good measure.  I am praying
everyone's vaccines and immune systems are working good, but no one will be
isolated I will watch the older ones and treat symptomatically then test as
needed.

I too have been in rescue for 3 yrs and you can check with local groups and if
you let them know you are looking for a + cat they will keep watch.  They
usually have daily contact with local shelters in large cities and will know if
a + cat comes in.  You can also look on Petfinders.com and can find local
rescue groups too.

Best of luck,
Susan & Sophia