Hi everyone, I am new to the list. I have been looking through the archives for
an answer, but haven't found it yet. Sorry if this has been answered before.

My cat, named Roughy, was a feral cat with FIV and FeLV. I have had him for
about four years now with only minor infections. However, on Thursday, he
didn't eat. On Friday, I took him to the vet. The vet said he was extremely
anemic...unfortunately, I was too shell shocked to ask for a copy of the lab
results so I can't say what that means. He gave him a shot of dexamethasone on
Friday and gave him fluids. He seemed much better when I took him home. He gave
me some dex to give him to him. I could have sworn he said one time a day, but
the label says 2 times per day (every 12 hours). My concern is that I am giving
him too much dex. The dosage per pill is 0.5 mg which nets to 1 mg per 24
hours. Is this ok/normal? This is the first anemia I have experienced and I am
really worried. Poor Roughy had a really rough night Friday. Last night was a
bit better, but he still seems to be struggling. I would really appreciate it
if anyone knows if that dosage is ok. Of course, I have tried contacting my
vet, but I can't get him.

Thanks!

Matt