Dose Doxycydine have a long shelf life?  It would be nice to get some ahead of
time so you could start treatment right away.  This would require  cooperation
from a vet, maybe online who could prescribe it for you and give instructions
on how to administer it.  It is not hard to learn giving shots or iv's if
necesseray.  Treating at home is less stressful and they have you for comfort,
their own toys, beds, etc.