Hi Amani,

I was speaking about corticosteroids- Prednisone or Prednisolone.  Sorry for
any confusion.
I have a cat, Jack, with heart disease who also has IBD so he cannot have
steroids.
I believe there is one, which is called Budesonide?  that might act more
locally in the intestines so
it could be a bit safer if a cat has heart disease.

My FeLV positive cat Leo, who became sick quickly back in 2014, was diagnosed
with both Lymphoma and
leukemia, his WBC count was through the roof, in the 150,000’s??  I would have
to go back and look at the notes.
He was @ 5 years old. I trapped him in a neighbor’s yard to TNR, but
he tested positive so I kept him. Anyway, after the vet visit, for mainly
inappetence, he went downhill
very quickly and I thought the stress of the visit, x-rays, fluids, and pred.
might have sent him into heart failure too.
That was a guess on my part.  He was an adult feral that I tamed once he tested
positive for FeLV, and he was so afraid
out of his environment that I never took him to get an echo.  I only suspected
it as a possibility because he
had a murmur when he was neutered, though not later, and would pant when
playing too much with feather toy.
Something I will never know and it has always eaten away at me.

I am not in this group much anymore, but read the messages, and just wanted to
mention to Katy, just in case.
Hopefully not that.

Shelley