Thank you. I guess I should have phrased my question to indicate that I was
concerned about spreading FeLV to my non-FeLV cats. If I understand correctly,
your cats are, or were, all FeLV-positive, so there would not have been any
non-FeLV cats to spread it to?

I told my cousin back in December that I would also keep Baby in April when he
goes way again. So now I’m trying to determine if that’s safe to do, and what
additional precautions (if any) I should take while she’s here to avoid spread,
now that we know she’s FeLV-positive.

Thank you,

- Lorraine

"Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no
one can imagine."  - Alan Turing

From: FeLVtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
dlg...@windstream.net

I have only had FELV  cats but never washed my hands after handling them.  I
treated all the same and have had no experience of the disease spreading to
others.  I have had up to 10 at a time as all who came to my house became part
of my "pride".  As they came to me, I took them to the vet for a checkup, spay
or neuter and they became mine.