Carla.....

    Thanks so much for your reply.  I will pass your email on to my vet.  Regarding dry versus canned food, I should have included in my original email that Peri is on a special acidic cat food now.  He has both dry and canned.  Since struvite crystals (composed of Magnesium Ammonium Phosphate) are alkaline, this food acidifies Peri's urine.  I checked with my vet today to see if she recommended canned over dry.  She said some reports indicate canned over dry because it has a higher moisture content, but she said that when a cat eats dry the cat will drink more water.  So she feels it is 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

    Btw, is your male who was obstructed felv+?

    Thanks.

--
     Brenda.....

     http://www.whiskersandwicks.com
     http://www.cheqnet.net/~bksmith

"The only risk you ever run in befriending a cat is enriching yourself." - Colette