Hi All....

    I have had my Peridot (felv+) for 5 years, but he is probably 7 or 8 years old.  He was tested on Elisha and IFA and both positive.  He has never had any symptoms of the disease.  I have used various immune building natural treatments through the years.  The most recent treatment is 1 ml Interferon daily and 30 mg. CoQ10 daily.  I have been using this treatment for over a year.

    Peri has been on Neura Wellness Super5 Mix adult cat food for over 6 months.  Before that he was on California Natural for quite awhile.  He has always been on premium dry food.  Until a couple of months ago, he was also getting 1/4 to 1/2 can of Friskies wet food daily.

    Last Wednesday afternoon I discovered that Peri was plugged.  My vet and I had been treating him for a Urinary Tract Infection with Zeniquin for 14 days at that point.  Anyway, at my vet he was anesthetized and a catheter inserted after quite a bit of washing crystals out with saline solution.  She tested the urine and Peri was plugged with struvite crystals.  As many of you probably know, struvite crystals are food related.  My vet also thinks Peri may have had a chronic UTI before I even saw signs.

    I and my vet would like to know from any of you:

    1) Are UTI's more common in felv+ cats?
    2) Does having feline leukemia contribute to the making of struvite crystals?
    3) Do felv+ male cats plug more than negative male cats?
    4) Has anyone whose cat has been on Neura Wellness dry had struvite crystals?
    5) Has anyone whose cat has been on Neura Wellness dry been plugged?

    Thanks so much.  Again, if these questions are redundant, I apologize.

--

     Brenda.....

     http://www.whiskersandwicks.com
     http://www.cheqnet.net/~bksmith

"The only risk you ever run in befriending a cat is enriching yourself." - Colette