I've been reading all the comments on the rather blatant, and frankly
incredibly weak, infodump which comprised most of this chapter.

I was already well aware of how badly this read. It's one of those cases
where you have to get the thing done, but finding a way to do it that
doesn't read like...well...*that* is dicey.

I have done extensive tweaking to the chapter in question, particularly to
the exposition section, and have somehow managed to add an extra five pages'
worth of material besides--even MORE exposition. X_X

I will probably post a second draft before the end of the week, but for the
time being, I am going to focus on the actual writing of chapter six, in
which things get moving again. In all likelihood, I will post the revised
chapter five simultaneously with the first draft of chapter six.

I would like to thank everyone who has provided commentary on this story to
date. :)