On 15.09.2016 00:27, Josh de Kock wrote:
Hi,

Resending this set with ffplay now having two versions, a SDL2 and a
SDL1 version. I've integrated all comments up until now (hopefully).

Josh

Josh de Kock (3):
   lavd: Add SDL2 output device
   ffplay: make copy for SDL1
   MAINTAINERS: update my entries

Marton Balint (1):
   ffplay: add SDL2 support

  MAINTAINERS               |   4 +-
  Makefile                  |   1 +
  configure                 |  35 ++-
  ffplay.c => ffplay_sdl1.c |   1 -

Maintaining two versions of ffplay sounds as too much overhead to me. Is it not possible to add some more code abstraction or even some simple #ifdef constructs to support SDL1 as well as SDL2 in only one ffplay version in parallel? So, the actually used SDL version could be selected during the configure step. After some months, the (hopefully) deprecated SDL1 code could be dropped...

Best regards,
Thomas.