On 2018-02-14 15:16, Nicolas George wrote:
Tomas Härdin (2018-02-14):
Oh yeah, that puts a damper on things. The only way around that is dlopen()
or RPC, neither of which is going to make it into FFmpeg
At some point, vendors will need to realize we chose a copyleft license
to forthe them to play nice, not to put extra burdens on developers to
work around the copyleft.

I would almost propose to get rid of all the non-free stuff.

I wouldn't be opposed to that, but I suspect some of it enables FFmpeg to benefit from surplus developer time. Devs that work on companies that need the proprietary stuff that is. It's always a tradeoff.

/Tomas