On Sun, 5 May 2019, Nicolas George wrote:

Paul B Mahol (12019-05-05):
Because Nicolas objected on initial implementation. Dunno if he still
object something on current updated patch.

Did it have a proper review on the mailing list? If yes, then I do not
oppose it. If no, then I oppose it.

I don't think you can insist on waiting for a review unless you plan to do it yourself in a reasonable time frame. FFmpeg (in contrast to libav) don't have mandatory peer review policy, and the fact that nobody cares enough for a patch to review it should not mean that the patch should be blocked indefinitely.

Yes, this can degrade code quality, but I guess there is a general assumption that people who get commit rights won't mess up too badly, and the gains of more/better features are considered greater than the risks of unreviewed code getting in.

Also, I would like to emphasize that you neglected to explain what you
changed in this new version of the patch. That would have made it easier
to decide.

This is to move forward and not be held back with blocking "arguments".

So the question is: shall Paul be allowed to push significant patches
that have not been reviewed?

There is some guideline about this in developer.texi, which says if noone answers within a week, and you think it is OK, then push it.

Regards,
Marton