Hi,

>  > Incompatible pixel format 'yuvj420p' for codec 'ffv1', auto-selecting
>
> format 'yuv420p'
>
>  > [swscaler @ 0x71c9440] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you
>
> did set range correctly
>

> The comment in
>
> [libavutil/pixfmt.h](https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFmpeg/blob/master/libavutil/pixfmt.h#L78),
>

> says:
>

>  > AV_PIX_FMT_YUVJ420P, ///< planar YUV 4:2:0, 12bpp, full scale (JPEG),
>
> deprecated in favor of AV_PIX_FMT_YUV420P and setting color_range
>
> The source video is: yuvj420p(pc, smpte170m/bt709/bt709)
>
> The output video is: yuv420p(pc, smpte170m/bt709/bt709)
I think it means to force output 0-100% levels with yuv420p format if you are
seeking yuvj420p, with the understanding they won’t necessarily be safe.

> What would be the right commandline to losslessly convert this to FFV1?
>
> I've tried, but so far I get differing streamhash MD5s for the video -
>
> regardless if I set the color range :(
Isn’t it unavoidable? Since the ranges are not same. Though maybe if you go
from broadcast and force filter setrange=pc they might match? I’m not very
sure. One thing I’d mention just in case is color range option only sets what
the header claims it’s contents are, for the encoders that accept it.

Regards,
Ted