> On 14 Sep 2020, at 13:54, <christian.w...@4-real.com>
> <christian.w...@4-real.com> wrote:
>
> Its all mono we are talking about here
>
> Full command line would be
> ffmpeg -nostats -i '#{filename}' -filter_complex ebur128 -f null - 2>&1
> (i only forward this from the IT section, but its the standard ffmpeg lufs
> measurment as far as i know)
>
> yes, we dont know if the customer values are correct. The problem is, there
> is no correct if you dont use the same method/algo.
> There are different meters coming up with different values on LUFSs,
> specially if you are under 0,4s.
> You are right, the best would be to use the same method, but our customer
> wont share their method and we cant reverse engineer something we dont own.
>
> Yes, there ist the (m) value in the output, but i think its not very reliable
> ... as the file measured isnt silent 😊

I would think M is not relevant, as it should equal I if the file is 400 Msecs…
And I can reproduce the issue on a short file. But, if I cat the file with
silence before / after, then measure with adding -ss yadda -t sourcedur it
seems to work.
(But a looped input results the same values when scanned fully.)

Bouke.