At 01:00 -0600 N. hemisphere time on 010115 Pat Andrzejek sent:

>I know that sometimes people add oil back into the fleece, but I don't
>know what to use. I live in a very remote and rural area, so I don't
>have too many options. I can't purchase straight lanolin (at least, not
>in the stores). Does anyone have a suggestion? Would it work to wet the
>wool prior to spinning?

I have seen many spinners use a mix of water (non hard) and olive oil 
in about a 4:1 ratio. Put in a spritz bottle of some kind, shake well 
before spraying and just mist a little on the the dry wool as you go 
along. That knocks the static electricity problem as well as 
lubricating a bit. I think any unsaturated vegetable oil (like 
canola) would probably be OK.

Ron


Ron Parker noting: Celebrating the birth in 1874
of Thornton Waldo Burgess. author of Peter Rabbit.
<Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=FromSig>


To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to