To Twinkie,
        Cashmere is so fine, that getting some cotton hand cards and carding by
hand is not so laborious.  You can card, then spin, then card or card
about a shoe box worth and spin it.  I should be carded, then made into
punis or rolags and spun in a woolen manner.  That is drawing back while
the twist goes into the fibre hand.  
        I tried combing some cotton once on my mini combs.  It definitely did
not work.
        To make punis, get a chop stick or thin straight stick.  Lay the stick
on top of the carded wool and wrap it tightly onto the stick,
lengthwise.  Tighten it a bit and then slide it off.  It is difficult to
describe how to make these, but that is what I do.  You will probably
enjoy spinning from punis.
Tricia

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to