Twinkie wrote: > I have 6kg of cashmer,it is dehaird and so verry fine,the length of a > fiber is about one inch and it kneeds carding,I have tried it with a drum > carder it is to fine,cowbming it is no good and spinning it as it is dos not > do it justice.Wat can I do? If the cashmere is compacted tightly, your best option (right now) would be to tease it apart by hand and fluff it out into a cloud. Then you can just spin from the handful. If you can get handcards that are designed for cotton, they are much better for very fine short fibers like cashmere, camel down, silk noil and cotton. Schacht, Fricke and Howard make handcards especially for cotton, You'll want teeth density to be around 200 - 250 psi (pins per square inch). Cashmere is best spun very finely (40 wraps or more prr inch or per 2.5 cm) and with a lot of twist in the single, such as 16 or more flyer or spindle turns per inch (2.5 cm), known as twists per inch. >.. silk briks.Will ligth harm them if I lieve them in a transparent box? Direct sunlight harms silk, but if you put silk in a transparent box inside your home, away from a window, it should be enough protection. Barbara C - eastern Mass. [EMAIL PROTECTED] To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: set nomail To restore send: set mail
