Holly, it's amazing what we will do to experiment with a new fibre hobby! My
first bobbins were whittled from wooden dowling and my pillow was a leftover
chunk of insulation foam. I still have my first *ugly* pieces.

I have worked with my handspun coloured cotton, 2-ply, and it wasn't too bad
for bobbin lace. It broke in a thin spot once or twice but was easy to
repair. I've also used handspun linen for a gimp thread in a piece with
commercial linen thread. I really like bobbin lace in linen -- it has a
firmness and heft that cotton doesn't. You have to be a little more careful
because even the commercial stuff has the occasional little slubs.

Hugs,
Louisa

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail