I used rusty horseshoe nails (no kidding! my parents picked up a quart
basket of the things lumped into a lot at an auction) and my own bedroom
pillow. I was only 15 at the time and had picked up the Kliots' book on
sale. I don't recall what I produced, but it sure didn't look like Honiton.
When I finally learned to make bobbin lace properly, I was given a Snowgoose
kit and someone's cast-off plastic spangled bobbins (she'd upgraded to
wood).

Avital

Jet wrote:
> I may have you beat on what you've used.  I used clothes pins for my
> bobbins...as Holly said, it worked for a beginner, so don't knock it.  I
> decided that bobbin lace was not for me though so I've not done it since
> that first try...though it did turn out pretty good.

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail