Thank you for the speedy responses.

I have just tried the -n option however it still seems to overwrite the file. I am using the following command to start the recording:

stream=test.mp3
fPls -v -i 60m -T 1s -L-1 http://[server]:8000/$stream.m3u -o /home/recorder/audio/$stream/test1.mp3.$date -d -M 60m -i 60m -n

So when i set it off it records and I can see the file increasing. When i then disconnect my encoder to represent a break in the stream I can see it trying to retry connects. I then reconnect the encoder and it starts to record again. However it still overwrites the file and then starts recording.

With regards to the -d option it seems to work with the above command however if I change it to:

fPls -v -i 60m -T 1s -L-1 http://[server]:8000/$stream.m3u -o /home/recorder/audio/$stream/test1.mp3.$date -d /home/recorder/logs/$stream.log -M 60m -i 60m -n

I get fIcy: Unknown host

Doesn't make sense to me as I can see fPls: picks up the stream URL from the m3u without any issues. As soon as I remove "/home/recorder/logs/$stream.log" it works.

--

Kind Regards

Stuart Downton

Senior Network Manager

SharpStream Ltd

t.     0800 999 2468

DD.01273 921 198
int. +44 333 700 2468

f.     0333 600 2469

w. www.sharp-stream.com <http://www.sharp-stream.com/>

GENERAL SUPPORT REQUESTS: supp...@sharp-stream.com <mailto:gene...@sharp-stream.com>

EMERGENCY SUPPORT REQUESTS: emerge...@sharp-stream.com <mailto:supp...@sharp-stream.com>

This e-mail is private and confidential and is intended solely for the person it is addressed to.

Any disclosure, distribution, copying or printing, or use of the information contained herein for

whatever purpose by any person other than the recipient is prohibited and legal action may be taken as a result.