On 22/01/16 21:43, Stuart Downton wrote:
> Ok great stuff.
>
> Looks like it can work really well for us as it keeps trying to
> reconnect to the stream to record it which was the main reason why we
> have looked at it. Currently we just use wget to record and it just
> stops recording if the feed drops for any reason.

I've had more than a few people telling me they're recording their own
stream this way. It's surprising to me that icecast doesn't have such a
feature built-in.

Note that in this case I could suggest a better approach using
rotatelogs from the "apache2-utils" package:

  fPls -v -i1m -T1s -L-1 [pls url] -p | rotatelogs /path/to/file 3600

See the manpage of rotatelogs(1) to customize the rotation strategy.
But basically, in this setup you ask fIcy to just dump the output, which
is piped to rotatelogs. rotatelogs will write a new file according to
either time (1 hour) or size strategy.

Done this way, the stream will never be disconnected/interrupted as you
would do with -M, while *still* reconnecting correctly if the stream
drops for any reason.