Hello HFS+ devs :-)

I was playing around with trying to speed up the status operation in
mercurial on HFS+ filesystems and heard that getdirentriesattr might be
faster.

From what I could gather (man pages and online resources), it seems the
potential speedup comes from the ability to do a bulk call on the files,
though correct me if I'm wrong.

I posted a proof-of-concept patch here:

http://www.selenic.com/pipermail/mercurial-devel/2014-September/061777.html

But got no real results. Experiments tried included: warm cache vs cold
cache, numbers of files to batch call, and combinations thereof.

Am I missing something obvious or just looking in the wrong place?