In Yosemite (10.10), Carbon's PBGetCatalogInfoBulk and directory enumerators
created with CoreFoundation's CFURLEnumerator (it's in CFURLEnumerator.h, not
CFURL.h) both use getattrlistbulk() instead of readdir() or
getdirentriesattr(). Foundation API like- [NSFileManager
contentsOfDirectoryAtURL:includingPropertiesForKeys:options:error:] are layered
upon CFURLEnumerator so they are using getattrlistbulk(), too.

For the most part, all of Apple's code has switched from getdirentriesattr() to
getattrlistbulk().

- Jim