The two horizontal lines on Trinitron monitors are intrinsic to the design
and as far as I know will always be there. I know, it is a nuisance. I'm
always mistaking them for a scratch on the film, for that's just about what
they look like. I prefer the black matrix tubes, because the best of them
provide sufficient color saturation and contrast for image editing and
viewing, and generally are better for reading text. If you have very sharp
eyes, the vertical aperture grill on Trinitron will also be visible to you
and could be bothersome unless the display is very sharply focused, as are
our Sun monitors. Basically, they are so sharp that I am willing to put up
with the visibility of the aperture grill. I haven't seen the .22 aperture
grill versions. That should be narrow enough so you can't see it, but I can
definitely see it on the .24 versions from 18".

Some Viewsonic monitors are very expensive, some aren't. Depends on what you
want and the bandwidth you want.

Frank Paris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Julie, female Galah (3 1/2 years and going strong at the moment)
Little Birdie, male Splendid Parakeet (13 years)
Snowflake, male cockatiel (12 years)