Saturday, November 04, 2000, 10:51:34 AM, you wrote:

FP> The two horizontal lines on Trinitron monitors are intrinsic to the design
FP> and as far as I know will always be there.

    Rats.

FP> Some Viewsonic monitors are very expensive, some aren't. Depends on what you
FP> want and the bandwidth you want.

    Well, yeah.  I believe I am on the low-end of the scale.  At work
    we do our own color brochures, labels for product, technical
    papers and advertisements.  So the P810 (I believe it is the P
    series, may be the G) is what I chose.  Since it was only about
    650 dollars, it fit the bill.
    This last week I bought the Nikon LS-30 and found that I needed
    some new skills to run the darn thing.  I have an old HP 6100c
    that can handle the basics, but needed the film scanner for some
    upcoming projects.

    I do have some questions, but was going to lurk around to see if I
    could get them answered.

Guy