Dear Frank, the noise is almost like the one coming from the IDE 7200 and
10000 ... it is a matter of manufacturer technology IMHO.
IBM makes them very silent (if related to Quantum and Maxtor) ... the real
problem I have found is with the 36GB .... it is a heater !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...
thus I have added a fan below the disk ... it stores itself below the disk
in the same bay ... and I have solved the problem to have messages of
warning since 3 months ago when I have installed firstly.
The 18GB seems to be ''cooler''.
The sustained transfer rate benchmarked weekly is for all of them 29MB/s.
They are 3 and sharing the same SCSI path.

Sincerely.

Ezio

www.lucenti.com  e-photography site


----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Paris" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 4:46 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Second Hard Drive


> How is the noise level of these 10K rpm drives?
>
> Frank Paris
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Julie, female Galah (3 1/2 years and going strong at the moment)
> Little Birdie, male Splendid Parakeet (13 years)
> Snowflake, male cockatiel (12 years)
> http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=62684
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Ezio
> > Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 12:04 AM
> > To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Subject: Re: filmscanners: Second Hard Drive
> >
> >
> > I can say the same about my upgrade to 10,000rpm U160 IBM SCSI ...18Gb
and
> > 36GB .
> > Photoshop and other I/O bound applications receive a great help
> > in speeding
> > up from I/O ... MORE than upgrading the clock of the CPU.
> >
> > Sincerely.
> >
> > Ezio
>

Reply via email to