Ezio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> behaviour ... a ''raw'' access to a wild animal like a SCSI 160 through a
> SCSI 160 controller ... TODAY ... is unbeatable specially for LOOONG files
> like ours (images) . (in our environment)

Absolutely and I didn't intend to suggest otherwise.  Sustained transfer
rates from SCSI will always be better until IDE is replaced with something
better.  But if you are someone like me who can't afford hard drives that
cost over $1000, the bang per buck from an IDE array is hard to beat.  If
you have money to burn, by all means go for the best - which is certainly
SCSI.

Rob