On a related subject:

If anyone knows how to re-flash an Oxford Firewire enclosure, I'd like to know. I seem to have destroyed one by accident (by flashing the wrong firmware I guess), and there doesn't seem to be a way to get it back. Annoying.

I am open for any experiment, as I have since bought a (non-Oxford) replacement, and this casing is now completely useless (not recognized).

Well, since you are up for a gamble...it's the first link on the list with the Manual right below.

This is a firmware uploader for the 922 chipset but it works for the 911 chipset too (my hunch is that the latter is the original firmware for your case ????)

<http://www.newmotiontech.com/new/download/index.htm>

There is further documentation here:

<http://www.oxsemi.co.uk/cgi-bin/general/home.cgi> (look near the bottom - Oxsemi Uploader User Guide UG-0004

Let me know how it goes!!  I'm curious!