David W. Fenton / 05.3.2 / 02:33 PM wrote:

>I don't understand people who don't work with child windows
>maximized. Why would you want all that blank space in the parent
>window?
>
>Of course, the Mac works completely differently from the MDI on
>Windows, so maybe you're a Mac user and complaining about something
>different.

You are right.  You don't know Mac.
Mac WindowServ is not like Win, no parent frame.  For that, there is no
child windows a la Windows.  It is not a matter of the API.  In fact, I
think Trakton renders full frame, but I can't use it since it crashes
with Waves VST.

Now, why I don't want Finale go full screen on my desktop, besides it
gets under Toolbar (ack!), is that I print system log as well as vm_stack
on my desktop.  I keep the bottom part of desktop visible all the time.
This way, as soon as system log reports something wrong, such as house
clock (in my case DTP) goes south, I would know before something bad happen.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>