I wrote:

1. Finale 2005 will probably not work with "Tiger", correct?

Don Hart wrote:

I'm not sure exactly why you assume this.  I am by no means any sort of
expert on the subject, but I believe the initial leap from system 9 to
system X presented the biggest hurdle for Finale, and that shouldn't be the
case now on any sort of regular basis.

True, I guess. But weren't there a few Jaguar apps that wouldn't work correctly in Panther?

I wrote:

> 4. I think I should order the Power Mac G5 before Tiger comes out
 (i.e., soon!), since I have this project due in September. Does this
 sound like a good idea?

Darcy James Argue wrote:

No, that's actually a very bad idea, because then you will have to pay
an extra $129 for Tiger when it is released.  If you hold off buying
your new Mac until 10.4 is released, you will get 10.4 for free -- it
will be preinstalled on your computer.

I had thought that Apple might have an Up-To-Date program where I could upgrade to Tiger for $20 if I bought a Power Mac just before Tiger was released. I called Apple today but they are noncommittal about whether they will do this.

Eric Dussault wrote:

EPS export takes forever on ANY system. I have a PowerMac G5 Dual 1.8
GHz with 1 GB of Ram, and it doesn't make any difference.

...and Hiroaki Honshuk wrote:

Did I tell you I bought G5 Dual 2.5GHz a month ago?

How long does it take you gentlemen to export one page from a score or part?

Hiroaki Honshuk wrote:

 If you wait for a machine that doesn't run Panther, and you
find some of your app won't run reliably with Tiger, you are done.

Could you still install Panther alongside Tiger and then pick which one you want to start up with?

Paul Hayden

--
Magnolia Music Press <http://www.paulhayden.com>
6319 Riverbend Blvd. Baton Rouge, LA 70820