Thanks Ken and Dan,

> >As a Finale user I want one key
> >shortcuts for each symbol but cannot find how to do this in the Demo with
> >its limited documentation.
> >
> >How does one quickly apply fingering numbers to a succession of notes?
>

> You create your own kbd shortcut. File>Preferences>Menus and Shortcuts,
and
> you have to create a new set.  I doubt the demo explains this
sufficiently,
> but it is covered in the manual.

This can get you to the last menu item in the sequence, but then there is no
way to shortcut to the exact articulation or text that you want. There does
not seem to be the equivalent of the absolutely essential metatools that are
in Finale. Indeed, unless there is another way, the Sibelius method is even
slower than Finale's Articulation Tool without metatools where a double
click on a note gets you immediately to the list from which to select the
articulation that you want.

I really would like to know if there is another way. So far Sibelius is
totally unusable for this reason (and it is only the first thing that I
tried!).

> >Is there no autopositioning of such numbers as there is for articulations
in
> >Finale?
>

> I just encountered this problem for the first time, and the jury is out.
> don't usually put fingerings in my own stuff, but I'm working on a job now
> that requires them. So I created a shortcut.  But the default is staff
> attachment where I think it should be note attachment.  Under House
> Style>Edit Text Styles> Fingering you get a menu with a number of tabs,
and
> on the first there is a dialogue that actually shows an option for
> attachment, but it is set on staff and grayed out.  That would suggest
that
> under some conditions you could set that to Note and then under another
tab
> set its vertical position.  But I haven't figured out what that condition
> is.  In the meantime I have to position each fingering manually.

I cannot find anything better.

Richard Yates