Thank you again Ken and Dan,

> >Once you create your own set(s) of shortcuts,  it is just like Finale
> >metatools.  For example, I can select a note, strike "F", and bingo -- a
> >fermata appears, perfectly centered above the note.

How? Under File - Preferences - Menus and Shortcuts all I see are existing
menus. I go through Create - Symbol and then see no way to select a
particular articulation to make a shortcut to.

> Yes, but of course you might end up replacing some default shortcuts,
> "Find" in this example.

That sounds like a severe deficiency to me.

All of this reinforces my other comment about the poor documentation with
the demo. There is no way to fairly evaluate Sibelius' capabilities with
regard to Finale's. I have written to Sibelius and will report what I hear.

Richard Yates