At 03:55 PM 7/9/2005, you wrote:
How? Under File - Preferences - Menus and Shortcuts all I see are existing
menus. I go through Create - Symbol and then see no way to select a
particular articulation to make a shortcut to.

Hello Richard!

Once you are in "menus and shortcuts", open the drop-down list just under the heading. Select "Add feature set", name it, and you are off & running. Any available single keys or key combinations not used by the program are your first (but not only) fair game, as are any that you would not use, either because you don't need that shortcut, or you don't use that feature. And, of course, you can always get them all back by going to this same dialog and choosing "Standard menus & shortcuts". Of course, you can have a different set for every phase of your engraving routine................

Next go to "Menu or category" and choose "Keypad F-11 articulations". Choose "fermata" and assign a key stroke or 2.

Love to chat some more, but I have to go grocery shopping!

Dan

> Yes, but of course you might end up replacing some default shortcuts,
> "Find" in this example.

That sounds like a severe deficiency to me.

Daniel Carno
Music Engraving Services
Quality work in Sibelius, Finale, and Score
4514 Makyes Road
Syracuse, New York 13215
(315) 492-2987