On 11 Jul 2005, at 10:20 PM, Aaron Sherber wrote:

At 09:15 PM 7/11/2005, David W. Fenton wrote:
>http://www.opensubscriber.com/messages/finale@shsu.edu/416.html
>
>Isn't there something illegal or unethical about this?

There's some other message archive subscribed as well. Frankly, as long as SHSU isn't providing a proper searchable archive of their own, I see this as a good thing.

I'm with Aaron. I really don't care if my email address is available for anyone to see in the Google cache, but I DO care about having searchable archives, and since we de-linked from Google, that's impossible.

Here is a solution which fixes the problem we had with Google (the emails are erased) and provides an enormously useful service that we would not otherwise get -- searchable archives. Doesn't anyone else want searchable archives?

I don't get the privacy concerns. How is this worse than the Google archives? The only problem anyone had with Google indexing the list is that the email addresses were not erased. So what's the big deal about a searchable index that *does* erase email addresses?

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY