Totally agree. I really think the GPO thing is fluff. I'd rather see Finale get better at importing Midi files. I hate when a Midi that I've done in Digital Performer does not come across correctly in Finale. It happens all the time. It's frustrating, and wastes time.

Craig Parmerlee wrote:

I won't say they're no better, but I surely don't understand the fuss unless you are using Finale strictly as a sequencer. In that case, maybe that last 1% of realism is worth it, but I cannot understand why anybody using Finale to compose or arrange music would want to spend even an extra 10 minutes fussing with GPO -- let alone the hours that it will actually take.

I've never really considered Finale a serious sequencer program. Maybe if I change my outlook on that, I would also think differently about GPO. But fundamentally I have a dim view of technology that is so distracting that you can barely remember the art you were trying to create.