At 8/16/2005 05:19 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

>When I got my first Win95 PC, I was very disappointed with Windows
>Explorer in the beginning and tried using File Manager for a while,
>but once I started accumulating long file names, it became impossible
>to use. I eventually got used to the single hierarchy for your entire
>computer (even though I still think it's conceptually wrong, and the
>wrongness has been vastly increased in later versions of Windows
>Explorer).

What do you mean by "single hierarchy".

If you right click "My Computer" and choose Open, you get a single pane that is useless. Is that what you mean?

I always use Explore (and set that as the default) so that you get 2 panes, one with drives and directories and the other with files.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you want.
Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley