At 8/18/2005 08:04 AM, Richard Yates wrote:

>Thanks, Phil. Wow! How long has that been there? Could be very useful
>although it doesn't do anything in Open and Save dbs. Also, for some reason,
>when I expand a directory this way I also have a 'Sign in with Microsoft
>Passport Network box popup (???)

I just used it for the first time as a test.  I knew it was there but have no need of it.  I believe it's been there since Win95.  There may have been a similar shortcut key in Win3.1.

I don't know anything about Passport.  It didn't happen to me.

FYI:  Here's the list I have:

Using "Windows" key

Minimize all open windows  Windows+M
Bring them back   Shift Windows+M
Reveal the desktop   Windows+D
Bring them back  Windows+D again
Another way to switch programs  Windows+Tab Enter  use multiple tabs to cycle

Using shortcut keys in Windows

Activate the menu bar in programs F10
Carry out the corresponding command on the menu ALT+underlined letter in menu
Close the current window in Multiple Document Interface (MDI) programs. CTRL+F4
Close the current window or quit a program ALT+F4
Copy CTRL+C
Cut CTRL+X
Delete DELETE
Display Help on the selected dialog box item F1
Display the current window’s system menu ALT+SPACEBAR
Display the shortcut menu for the selected item SHIFT+F10
Display the Start menu CTRL+ESC
Display the system menu for MDI programs ALT+HYPHEN (-)
Paste CTRL+V

Switch to the window you last used
-Or-
Switch to another window by holding down ALT while repeatedly pressing TAB
 ALT+TAB

Undo CTRL+Z

Using Shortcut keys in dialog boxes

Cancel the current task ESC

Click a button if the current control is a button
-Or-
Select or clear the check box if the current control is a check box
-Or-
Click the option if the current control is an option button
 SPACEBAR

Click the corresponding command ALT+underlined letter
Click the selected button ENTER
Move backward through options SHIFT+TAB
Move backward through tabs CTRL+SHIFT+TAB
Move forward through options TAB
Move forward through tabs CTRL+TAB
Open a folder one level up if a folder is selected in the Save As or Open dialog box BACKSPACE
Open Save In or Look In in the Save As or Open dialog box F4
Refresh the Save As or Open dialog box F5

Using shortcut keys for Windows Explorer

Collapse the current selection if it is expanded
-Or-
Select the parent folder
 LEFT ARROW

Collapse the selected folder NUM LOCK+MINUS SIGN (-)

Expand the current selection if it is collapsed
-Or-
Select the first subfolder
 RIGHT ARROW

Expand all folders below the current selection  NUM LOCK+*
Expand the selected folder NUM LOCK+PLUS SIGN (+)
Switch between left and right panes  F6

Using Shortcut keys for My Computer and Windows Explorer

Close the selected folder and all of its parent folders SHIFT while clicking the Close button
(My Computer only)
Move backward to a previous view ALT+LEFT ARROW
Move forward to a previous view ALT+RIGHT ARROW
View the folder one level up BACKSPACE

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley