On 26 Sep 2005 at 16:42, Aaron Sherber wrote:

> At 04:14 PM 09/26/2005, David W. Fenton wrote:
>  >There's a mixer in iTunes? The version I have is 4,
>
> I had 4.9 until recently. In the lower right corner of the main
> iTunes window is an icon that looks like an equalizer. It opens the
> equalizer. <g>

Ah, yes!

I'm stuck in a Microsoft world where it's a rule of UI design that
you can never have UI components that are accesible only by a mouse-
based path. So, I looked at the menus and saw nothing about an
equalizer.

Of course, the equalizer is set to FLAT, so it's obviously not doing
a damned thing to the sound!

>  >and I'm not about
>  >to upgrade to 5, given that I am running Win2K (and iTunes 5 is
>  known >to completely trash Win2K systems when installed).
>
> Really? Do you have a URL to cite? I'm running Win2K SP4 and I've had
> iTunes 5 installed since it came out, with no visible problems.

Oy, it was a couple of weeks ago when it came out that there was a
storm of complaints in one of the lists I read, because people had
downloaded and installed it and it rendered their systems unbootable.
I can't find anything on Google that addresses it directly, but I
know that I read a couple of articles about it in the few days after
the upgrade was released a couple of weeks ago. It was causing
disastrous results for some users.

I only use it as an audio player, so I don't really need anything in
the new version, thankfully.