Check out versiontracker.com They just had  a spectrograph type app on there
this week.

_A

> From: "David W. Fenton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Reply-To: [email protected]
> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 15:03:36 -0400
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Finale] OT: MP3 Compression Comparison
> 
> On 28 Sep 2005 at 14:12, A-NO-NE Music wrote:
> 
>> David W. Fenton / 2005/09/28 / 01:50 PM wrote:
>> 
>>> BTW, I assume that you produced the spectrograph with some piece of
>>> high-end audio software that you have. I Googled to see if there was
>>> any freeware/shareware to do the same thing, and couldn't find
>>> anything. Any ideas/suggestions, without spending money?
>> 
>> I was trying to find one for you but I couldn't.
>> The one I use is called SpectraFoo which is the standard on Mac:
>> <http://www.mhlabs.com/metric_halo/products/foo/>
>> And one which is equivalent to Windows is Smaart:
>> <http://www.siasoft.com/>
>> 
>> These are the only industrial standard I know of.
> 
> Well, I got the demo of that (after the suggestion below turned out
> to not be usable by me), and I don't know enough to figure out how to
> use it! I just wanted something that I'd load a file and the program
> would analyze the audio spectrum and give me the chance to display it
> in various ways. I was hoping to produce the same kind of graph you
> made, but for other files, but I guess that's not in the cards.
> 
>> Oh wait! Elemental audio has a free one:
>> <http://www.elementalaudio.com/products/inspector/>
>> I just took a look, and they have Windows version, too!  They just
>> came up with InspectorXL a few weeks ago, and they are quite accurate
>> as I demoed, while they don't have as many features as SpectraFoo and
>> Smaart that most of us, studio engineers and FOH engineers needs.
> 
> Well, turns out that doesn't do me any good, as I don't have an AU-
> compatible host application to run it in -- I need something that's a
> standalone application, instead of a plugin.
> 
> Thanks for the suggestion, though.
> 
> -- 
> David W. Fenton                        http://www.bway.net/~dfenton
> David Fenton Associates                http://www.bway.net/~dfassoc
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to