David,

At 00:40 27.09.2005, you wrote:
If you truly think that you can't set pan and reverb in Finale, then
it suggests to me that your statements about Finale's inadequacy for
tweaking a performance are not very credible, because you clearly
don't know much at all about what Finale has been able to do for more
than a decade.

I knew. And I even did. But in Finale 2006 you have the mixer view that lets you do everything easily, without having to put expressions and things in to do the task. And the GPO sounds are definitely better than window's GM-softsynth and the smart music softsynth. Human Playback is also a step in the right direction.

I am sure some time you will have to get a new computer, and maybe you will find out how much better your stuff will sound...

But to come back to the start of the discussion. I agree that your soundcard may sound better than some soft synths. I have got a 5000$ midi keyboard (workstation), and it certainly sounds better than any soundcard synths I know of. But I think, for an impression of your score, a finale playback (your listeners can always downlad Finale notepad for free) or a simple midifile (they can sound ok if well programmed) will do the job. On a modern computer the difference in sound will be about a hundred times less than the difference in file size.

OK. One advantage of the mp3s in comparison to midi files and finale files - your listeners will only be able to copy your music by ear, and not by loading it into a music software...;-)

Kurt