David W. Fenton / 2005/09/28 / 03:58 PM wrote:

>I couldn't find anything recent that was not a plugin. And the only 
>things I did find were WAV only, or I could not figure out how to 
>analyze a file without playing it (which will muck up the analysis by 
>being polluted with the frequency response and noise level of my 
>computers audio system).

Here is your Couperin of 128 vs 192 analysis.  What I did was to take
the left channel of 128 k and compared against the left channel of 192
k.  This shows more accurate comparison.

<http://www.a-no-ne.com/temp/128vs192_2.gif>

You are right that the file still needs to be processed in real-time
because the data is only reproducible in real-time, but it does not need
to be actually played.  I ran this analysis on my Powerbook without
using any hardware.

-- 

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to