Johannes Gebauer / 2005/09/30 / 04:32 AM wrote:

>I think we both mean the same, but I'd like to point out that an 
>analogue signal as such cannot be used in any software, it has to be 
>digitized first, which is done through the soundcard's A/D. Software, by 
>definition, has no concept of analogue signals.


Right.  I didn't mean that.
Bad English or lack of communication skill on my part :-)

By the way, for PC soundcard, because it will never sound as good as
external converter since CPU's power supply unit will introduce jitter
into clock, analog loopback test is valid.  David has been saying
"distortion introduced by soundcard" is this jitter noise.  If the
soundcard is capable of taking external clock, this distortion will go away.

-- 

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to