On Nov 3, 2005, at 7:43 AM, Thurletta Brown-Gavins wrote:

Since resources are tight, do I upgrade to 2005, spring for the buggy 2006 before the upgrade offer expires in December and pray things will be resolved, or wait for 2007?

I have a system very similar to yours: a dual-boot iMac. I keep Finale 2K2 in System 9, and 2K4 in OSX 10.3.3.

IMO Finale 2K2 was the finest iteration of the program ever produced. I would still be using it today were it not for the fact that it will not run in OSX, and System 9 is dying. Because of the necessity of jumping to OSX (which I loathe, hate, and despise, but what ya gonna do?) I now do most of my work in 2K4, which is nice and stable, and has only minor bugs. 2K5, by all reports, is similar.

Given the bugs in 2K6, you should by no means purchase it, discount or no. You *should* however get 2K5 because sooner or later you're not going to be able to use System 9, or any application tied to it, and will need to update all your Finale files with an OSX-ready version--a job better done now than later.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/