On Nov 30, 2005, at 1:20 PM, Andrew Stiller wrote:

I suspect your problem is w. the duplexer itself and not the paper. My HP Laserjet 5000N is now on its third duplexer--they just wear out fast, and the symptom is paper jams, first on legal size, then on tabloid (~A3) finally on letter (~A4). A good temporary fix is to thoroughly clean the rollers near the jamming point with rubbing alcohol.

Rubbing alcohol? Isn't that not recommended for rubber parts, as it dries them out and makes them less effective? All the poop I've ever seen on this says to use distilled water for rubber parts.

Christopher