From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
keith helgesen
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 3:13 PM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: [Finale] Re: RTFM

Dave Bailey recently wrote;

        But until MakeMusic comes up with a real index, RTFM is a useless
        suggestion, unless you also include the page reference or at least
the
        Chapter, Heading to try to find it under.

Having had "RTFM" thrown at me several times in the past I applaud David's
comment above.

I dare say everything IS in the manual- but finding it is often as difficult
as solving the original problem. For the record I luckily spotted "retain
original notes" or whatever the wording is, the first time I ever tried
transposing.

Many other problems I did not spot the answer straight away- and still have
not solved.

90% of replies and answers are given with generosity and good grace, and
assist bunnies - or part-timers like me, to lift our game.

However, the sneering arrogance, sarcasm and downright rudeness which
occasionally come from certain well known sources do no good whatsoever.

We all know of people- good, generous people who have quit the list because
of the downright rudeness of certain people. What a tragedy for the rest of
us!

Most people on this list can and do blind me with acronyms, and discuss
obscure hi-tech issues which the average dabbler- on very limited budget
does not understand or need. I open my emails and delete well over half of
things. Discussions on amazing new hardware/software/underware(?)plugins
etc- not for me. Extended discussion on lyrics leaves me cold- not my scene.
However, I don't get annoyed. That's what my Delete key is for.

I really don't want a long exchange- often very heated, on OT things like
"Art in the Park" as happened about a year ago. But- again, that's what the
Delete key is for.

Years ago I believe this list was divided into different levels- as in;
beginner, intermediate and professional- or some such labels.

Thank God it's not so now- as otherwise none but the most generous "expert"
would ever read the beginner list, (far too beneath them) and we would end
up with the blind leading the blind.

Anyway- that's my New Year babble over with!

Have a good 2006 everyone!

Cheers

Keith in OZ